Thursday, November 25, 2010

Last day of the course and last module ever!

Started the day with full of enthusiasm and excitement. As a team, we started to work on our group project.

This is where I would like to highlight about team dynamic.

Bruce Tuckman (1965) developed a 4-stage model of group development.  He labelled the stages, Dr Suess-style:
1. Forming: The group comes together and gets to initially know one other and form as a group.
2. Storming: A chaotic vying for leadership and trialling of group processes
3. Norming: Eventually agreement is reached on how the group operates (norming)
4. Performing: The group practices its craft and becomes effective in meeting its objectives.
Tuckman added a 5th stage 10 years later:
5. Adjourning: The process of "unforming" the group, that is, letting go of the group structure and moving on.

I'm happy to say that my group is able to work efficiently and effectively. = )

As I'm working on the project, I realise that there is no limit to what we can do with New Media. We can use New Media on every stages of learning as presented on my group project.

Hopefully one day, SAF e able to overcome the security issues and make full advantage of the tools available on line. = )

TGIF people!!!

2 comments:

  1. Like I commented on Yock Ling's blog, if the US Military is able to make use of New Media tools behind a firewall (hence security is not compromised), I don't see why the SAF can't. To live up to the name of being a 3G SAF, there is a need for us to constantly stay ahead or at least in tandem with technological developments. In this way, we are better able to engage the younger generation (who make up a sizeable portion of our organization considering our consript army) and continue to leverage on what New Media can offer, to the best of our limits :) Now to recruit the right talent to build SAFTube, SAFWiki, SAFBlog :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking back on Bruce Tuckman's theory. I am very much a Gen X person, although I am not THAT old, I always find it interesting to work with Gen Y. I still remember those times when I go through my cadet course at age 26, working closely with very young adults that are below 20 years old! This theory never fails to describe closely how a group works regardless of the different Gens!

    ReplyDelete