Olla Peeps... Day 2 started slow and for the entire day, it went by slowly. New websites was introduce -
technorati.com - A website that list down possible blogs or posts that matches your searched keywords.
googledocs - An interface that allows simultaneous editing of a document.
delicious.com - A website that tags and bookmarks website that can be access through the website instead of your PC/Laptops
Steve introduce a YouTube clip titled 'A Vision of Students Today' which as the title mention, gave us some ideas on what the current students have in mind.
Sad to say, my wife could only sum up the clip by saying that she felt nausea after watching it and that was it. This comment was made although i did gave a brief background of the clip before playing it. = (
I did try to ask her whether was there anything else that you capture from the clip and her reply was "nothing else".
There's a glimpse of my life to you....
Good night
I liked the clip! Sums up how information is widely and readily available literally at our fingertips (as we type). The speed at which things moved and changed in the clip reflects the speed at which information and the web is constantly being updated, reinvented.
ReplyDeleteWith regard to Google Docs, I like that I can upload it and make it acccessible to anyone I want and thereafter it's essentially a mobile document; ready to be edited and viewed anytime, anywhere. Only problem is when 2 ppl are working on it in real time, the system saves according to who clicks the "save" button first so if 2 ppl attempt to save at the same time, both their edits may not be reflected in the final document.
You know what " A Vision of Students Today' did not sit too well with me. I got the impression that students get so distracted by gadget and social medias nowaday that I aren't so sure they are really learning afterall.
ReplyDeleteIt is a great effort to share with your family what you have learned/experienced as she has an important roles in our career. Cheers.
ReplyDeleteMaybe videos are not her cup of tea Ardlee. Try other 'New edia' LOL. Much being said, the video "A Vision of Students Today" did invoke most thoughts from me. See my reflections (http://bengster-saf-new-media.blogspot.com/2010/11/saf-new-media-day-2-23-nov-10.html) for Day 2!
ReplyDelete